Why do I need a retro refrigerator? Personally I would love to have my vintage Coke machine in the gameroom — but my wife says it will create too much moisture in the gameroom — so sadly the Coke Machine serves garage beer duty only.
So if you are like me maybe you want to add a refrigerator to the gameroom to keep beverages cool and at your fingertips.
But you don’t want some fugly standard looking type of refrigerator fouling up the look of your gameroom…do you?
That would be bad Feng Shui bro!
Lucky for us there have been a lot of cool looking, retro refrigerators released recently that will keep your beer chill and also look chill in the gameroom. There are many that look just like a fridge from the 50’s or 60’s.
Why a Retro Refrigerator? Won’t a Mini Fridge Do?
Bigger is better if you want to have plenty of variety of beer choices, while also having room for sodas, wine, and every flavor of Le Croix bubbly water. If you want some variety and flair you want something a little bit closer to full size refrigerator size in your retro unit.
What we are looking for here is something that simply looks badass and conjures up major 50’s, 60’s or maybe even 70’s vibes. But we also want our retro style refrigerator to be reliable, get things cold fast, and not be too noisy along the way.
So after digging through the Interwebs and searching deep this is what we have found to suggest for your retro gameroom refrigerator needs…
Money is No Object Choice
The Big Chill Original Fridge Retro Collection (SKU 21TFR)
This beast is awesome. Just look at it…
These are heavy duty retro fridges, and the choice of colors is so great I am sure you can find something you will love.
For $200 more you can choose black or glossy orange — or you can pick your own color for $400 more. So no excuses here…you will find a refrigerator color perfect for the game room.
There also is plenty of space for just about anything you need. And it is MADE IN AMERICA!
The Big Chill Retro Refrigerator Specifications
- Total Refrigerator Capacity 20.5 CU.FT
- Weight: Not indicated (likely pretty heavy)
- Stamped Metal Body
- Chrome Trim
- 2 Half-Width Clear Crisper Drawers
- Gallon Door Storage
- Temperature Management System
- 1 Fixed Full-Width Freezer Shelf
- 3 Easy-Clean Spill-Proof Glass Shelves
- LED Interior Lighting
- Optional Ice Maker
- Available Left Hand Hinge
- 2 Years Parts and Labor Warranty
- Designed, assembled, and shipped from Boulder, Colorado
- Supports American manufacturing
- Freezer Capacity 6.2 CU.FT
- Clearance: Back 1/2″
- Clearance: Side 1/4″
- Side Clearance for door to open 90°4 1/2″
- Adjustable Rollers STANDARD
- Energy Guide (kWh/year) 436
- Electrical 115V, 60HZ, AC ONLY, 15 OR 20AMP FUSED
>> Check Price
The “Not Rich Enough for Top Choice” Choice
Smeg FAB28 50’s Retro Style Aesthetic Top Freezer Refrigerator
The next best option here for retro fridge goodness is at a much more palatable price point saving you over $1600. Also you can get that electric orange color without paying extra!
The Smeg only has one door with one handle. So this is a very clean and sleek retro styling that you have got to love.
This is much smaller than the Big Chill, but let’s be honest you probably won’t need to be putting your Thanksgiving leftovers in the game room refrigerator. So you should be good.
The interior styling of the Smeg is also wonderfully retro….
Smeg Retro Refrigerator Specifications
- Total Refrigerator Capacity 9 Cubic Feet
- Weight: 156 lbs.
- Item Dimensions LxWxH 30 x 24 x 60 inches
- Certification Energy Star
- Shelf Type Glass
- Shelves 3
- Installation Type Freestanding
- Number of Doors 1
- 3 Adjustable Glass Shelves: offer stability and plenty of space inside this unique refrigerator.
- One Bottle Storage Shelf: A bottle storage shelf allows you to store and chill a bottle for ultimate convenience.
- Freezer Compartment: This all-refrigerator has a freezer compartment for storing items that need to be kept colder.
- Ice Cube Tray: An ice cube tray in the freezer compartment is provided for your convenience.
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 60 x 24 x 30-Inches
>> Check Price
Best Bang for Buck Choice
Galanz GLR10TRDEFR Retro Refrigerator
The Galanz may not be as fancy or large as the other choices. But it is still a very pretty retro refrigerator. You only have choices between red and black colors but either would look pretty sweet in most any gameroom.
While with only 10 cubic feet there is still plenty of room for your game room beverages and it is actually slightly larger than the Smeg retro refrigerator.
I like how the Galanz retro fridge has can holders just inside the door for a quick grab during an intense session in the game room.
If your gameroom is actually your garage there may be issues here with your Galanz retro freezer temperature control. See details in video below.
Galanz Retro Refrigerator Specifications
- Total Refrigerator Capacity 10 Cubic Feet
- Weight – 125.7 lbs.
- Retro Compact Refrigerator uses R600a high-efficiency and low-energy consumption compressor, it can cool food quickly with lower energy. Leveling legs can adjust feet and keep level placement anywhere
- Product Dimensions – 23.74″ W x 61.81″ H x 27.48″ D | Temperature range (refrigerator) – 32ᵒ F to 47ᵒ F | Freezer compartment – <=0ᵒ F | Electrical requirements – 120V/60Hz.
- Glass shelves can separate your different types of food | A removable slide-out glass shelf provides more ways to organize your storage needs
- Galanz refrigerator can be controlled manually with the control dial from cool to cold to coldest, you can turn the knob to set the temperature you want
- Storage double door design, freezer compartment can be used for storing frozen foods or making ice cubes | The door offers a spot for your favorite canned beverages
>> Check Price
“I’m Broke, But I Still Want One” Choice
FRIGIDAIRE EFR756-BLACK EFR756
This is the smallest of all of the choices, but hey you are broke, and it beats not having a retro fridge in the gameroom. Right?
This one still looks sweet as long as you like the color black. There are no other choices at this price.
Some other downsides here is the unit is all plastic including the handles that look like chrome but are actually still plastic.
But at this price you have to be realistic in your expectations on your new vintage style refrigerator.
Frigidaire Retro Refrigerator Specifications
- Total Refrigerator Capacity 7.5 Cubic Feet
- Weight 90 pounds
- Refrigerator offers 3 adjustable, slide-out glass shelves, one transparent vegetable crisper, four- clear door shelves. Includes two front mount adjustable leveling legs and two castors mounted at the back to allow for easy movement
- Spill-proof glass shelves contain spills and simplify cleanup, preventing liquids from leaking onto shelves below
- Storage bins in the door help to keep smaller items handy and organized – Reversible Doors and Adjustable Legs
- Vegetable and fruit crisper bin helps preserve the freshness of fruits and vegetables
- This chic unit features easy-to-use accessible mechanical controls – adjustable thermostat – Space-Saving Flush Back Design
>> Check Price
Best of luck on your retro refrigerator shopping. Enjoy a cold one!
This post may contain affiliate links. We may potentially earn a slight commission (should you chose to make a purchase using our links). We only promote products we truly believe that are worthy of promotion.